So here are some highlights from my work on the Seven Wonders project. My first time working in a game engine, and I must say despite a few small hurdles towards the beginning, I soon felt privileged to be using Cryengine 3, an amzing realtime rendering engine, with some fantastic cinematic features.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the shots I was responsible for.
- Nano suit macro close up. Elements created in Maya and Z-Brush, animated in Maya, lit rendered using Cryengine. A lot of mel scripting went in to these few seconds of animation, I’m aiming to do a little breakdown of the process soon, and will link it here as soon it’s up.
- Helicopters, New York intro. All assets and FX created, animated and lit in engine
- Typhoon Gun chamber and bullet time(err…bullets!). Again created in Engine. Additional bullet effects created using engine based particles systems.
- Launch Trailer Text sequences. Created Text models and textures using Maya and Photoshop. All set dressing and lighting and FX again created using the engine’s magic.
- Brain fly-through. Neuron assets created in Maya. Camera and FX animation all done using….Maya! Just kidding, it was the Cryengine again.